History

Tatung Institute of Technology was formally established in 1956 and began to offer two-year college programs. The Institute was accredited as a four-year institute of technology in 1963, and was renamed Tatung University in 1999. The Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) was one of the founding departments in 1963. It began to offer master's programs in 1976 and doctoral programs in 1982. Owing to the advance of the communication technology, the Graduate Institute of Communication Engineering was established in 1998 with a Master's degree program, and started to offer programs of study leading to a Ph.D. degree in 2001. Throughout the years, the EE department has remained committed to research and education excellence. 

Click Num